This article gives step-by-step instructions for extracting a new Student XML file from CASES21.
NOTE: A new Student XML file must be imported into a blank database via the Central Reporting System at the beginning of each report cycle.
PLEASE NOTE - These instructions are provided to QuickVic by third parties and may not be accurate. For the most up-to-date instructions, please contact the CASES support line or their website.
The CASES21 administrator must extract the student details from the Students -> Achievements section and select the required year and semester. eg. In Semester 1, 2012 the file that needs to be extracted is 2012.1. After the file has been created it must be provided to the Report Coordinator.
- In CASES21 click on Students
- Click on Achievements
- Click on AusVELS Imports / Exports
- Double click on Export AusVELS Student Data
- The Export XML window will open
- Click on the Run button
- Click OK on the instructions window
- The Export an XML File of Data window will open
- Select the location to where you want to export your Students.XML file
- Ensure that the Export students and prior year results for use in AusVELS field is set to the current semester. For example, 2012.1 for Semester 1 2012
- Select the campus information you wish to export. Single campus schools will have the number 1 defaulted in both fields
- Click OK to proceed with the export
The student XML file is now ready to be given to the Quick Vic Report Coordinator who must import the student XML file into a blank database via the Quick Vic Central Reporting System.