This article gives step by step instructions for setting up Update Server for the new Semester.
NOTE - This article assumes the new Quick Vic Reporting database has already been created.
On the computer which runs Update Server:
- Close Update Server if it is already running
- Open the Database Utilities program
- From the Database menu, click Select Database
- Select the new database. In the example below, we are selecting a Semester 1, 2008 Database. You will need to choose the appropriate database for the current year and semester.
- Close Database Utilities
- Open Update Server
- Set Update Server to "Listening"
Note the bottom right hand corner of the Update Server window should indicate the Year and Semester of the database.