This article describes the process of modifying a part page report to allow teachers of Prep students to report using an alternative to the dot graphic on the summary page of the report.
After the part page portions of the student reports have been created in the Quick Setup screen, the document templates may be opened in Microsoft Word via the Report Production Setup screen, and a table inserted which includes tick-boxes for the teacher to tick manually once the report is printed.
- In the Central Reporting System, click the Report Production Setup icon
- Select the Part Page Reports portion, click on the Subjects tab, and double-click on the desired template to open the template in Microsoft Word
- Click inside the table field which includes VCOM1
- From the Table Menu, click Insert -> Rows Above
- Click inside the newly create table field
- From the Table Menu, click Insert -> Table
- Select the number of Columns and Rows and click OK. In the below example we have selected 2 Columns and 6 Rows. If you wish to have two or three dimensions included in the report, at this point you should choose 4 or 6 columns.
- Resize the table by clicking and dragging the edge to the desired size
- Select the top row and merge the cells
- In the top cell of the new table, type in the dimension being assessed. (Eg. English Reading) If desired, you may apply formatting such as centering and underlining the text.
- Type in the text: Well Above The Standard Expected, Above The Standard Expected, At The Standard Expected, Below The Standard Expected and Well Below The Standard Expected as shown.
- Select the table and remove borders
- Select the first column of the table and add borders as shown.
Table grids shaded in light grey will not be printed on the final report.
- Re-adjust the table size and remove the border from the top cell if desired.
- Your end result may look similar to this:
- Click Save and close Microsoft Word.