This article describes the process of setting up specialist reports where the teacher only wants to enter a comment and will not be assessing in any of the AusVELS or VELS dimensions.
A single subject must be created, and students enrolled in each class taken. Once such subjects are created, they will appear in the Quick Setup window and you will be able to set them up as a part page report.
Some common examples of where part page reports might be used include Library, LOTE, Art, Music and a "Principal" subject, where the school principal may enter a comment into the report.
Part page reports may also be used where a home room teacher wants to have a seperate comment for each subject taught. eg English and Mathematics.
- In the Central Reporting System, click the create a new subject icon.
- In the <New Subject> window, enter:
- Subject Code
- Subject Name
- Leave the Subject Description blank
- Year Level - used in the Quick Setup screen to advise which dimensions are usually assessed
- Coordinator - the subject coordinator may not necessarily be the class teacher
- Report Position (50 by default)
- Click the Save icon to save the subject
- Create new class and enter in the class code, subject and teacher
- Save the newly created class
- Add students to the class
Repeat steps 4-6 until all classes have been added to the subject
Repeat this process for each subject and then:
- In the Quick Setup Screen, change each newly created subjects' type from NON to PART
- Select the format of the teacher's name
Finally, from the Generate Menu, Build All Subject Report Parameters
At this point teachers can download class files into Assessment Writer on their laptops, enter report comments and update class files.