Creating a new Comment Database
- Run the Assessment Writer, in the same way as you do to work on your class files.
- From the File menu select New Comment Database.
Press Ctrl N.
A blank comment database window is displayed, with <New Comment Database> appearing in the title bar.
- Click File, and then Properties.
- In the Title field, enter an appropriate description, eg Maths Comments.
This will be shown in the Information box in the Tasks window when you hover over the particular comment database.
In addition, this title will appear as the heading in the printout of the comment database.
- Press Ctrl S OR Click the Save icon.
- In the Save As window, select the drive, path and name for the new comment database. It will have a .cdb extension, eg Maths.cdb.